Singh Group of Companies is a vertically integrated group of companies with interests in mining, logistics, port management and chartering, thereby, providing a one stop solution for our discerning clientele, most of whom are integrated steel plants in India.
The group had a humble beginning in the year 2002, as a ground logistics provider for Sila Eastern Limited (JV of TATA Steel and the Thailand based GP group) and havesince then grown into a multi-million dollar group with a present market cap of over US$ 30 mil.
Since its establishment, the group remained focused in dolomite ad limestone – key fluxes finding usage in Steel making. The group by seizing advantage of available opportunities in the industrial mineral trading universe has since evolved from a single-product, single-country group to a multi-product, multi-national, integrated supply chain management group.
Today, we have successfully integrated our business to include mining, mineral sourcing, ground logistics, barging, vessel chartering, marketing and business development.
Singh Group’s Value Chain
We have consistently exceeded the expectations of all the stakeholders by leveraging the resources - including people, knowledge, capabilities, skill sets, systems and physical assets, to create a competitive advantage which has helped us to grow profitably and to build leadership positions.
We are based out of Thailand, and have our affiliates in Vietnam, Singapore, India and Dubai.
Vision, Mission and Values
- To Be a Fifty Million Dollar Group by 2020.
- To Be a Dominant Mineral Ore Exporter in Asia Pacific.
- To be an employer of repute and contribute to the local economy.
- Work towards sustained and judicious development of mineral resources in an eco-friendly manner.
- In Whatever we do , Customer comes first - To provide high level of customer satisfaction.
- Honesty, Integrity and Transparency in all our transactions.
- Continuous improvement in order to provide best value to customer.
- Honor our commitments.
- Be amongst the TOP 3 mineral exporters in Thailand.
Founding Member and Group Chairperson
Malta Singh is the Group Chairperson since its inception. A Thai citizen by birth, she oversees the Group businesses, is a philanthropist and actively associated with various social causes.
Anil Kumar Singh
Founding Member and Group Managing Director
Anil Kumar Singh is the Founder and Group Managing Director. He has experience of more than 20 years in establishing and managing business. In 2011, was awarded “International Achievers Award for Business Excellence” for excellence in international business. He has an astute business sense and leads the team with panache and far sightedness.
Sanjay Kumar Singh
Group Director – Supply Chain Management
Sanjay Kumar Singh is theGroup Director of Supply Chain Management. He has a vast experience in the field of ground logistics and supply chain management and is a hands on executive with a proven track record.
Ajay Kumar Singh
Director – Indian Operations
Ajay Kumar Singh is the Group Director – Indian Operations and handles the Group’s Indian operations which not only includes the logistics and supply chain management but also civil jobs . He is an infrastructure project specialist.
Vijay Kumar Singh
Group Director – Accounting and Administration
Vijay Kumar Singh is the Group Director – Accounting and Administration. He has a vast experience in accounting and administration and his key strength includes local staff management and managing finance including liasoning with the banks.
We believe in developing our people through a mix of on-the-job experience, coaching and mentoring and a course offer to improve performance, where the end goal is to build a solid leadership pipeline for the future. Our Development Programs combine real-world experience, job assignments, and mentoring. We help in developing the skills of our people that are crucial to their long-term success.We provide everyone with unlimited opportunities to grow professionally and personally.
Over the years, we have groomed and trained managers in various fields in order to develop, build, and grow the businesses. We have the necessary talent required to achieve growth plans by constantly attracting professionals.
Edge Over Others
- Exports of Limestone from Thailand and Vietnam is covered under AIFTA (ASEAN Free Trade Agreement) and effectively therefore attracts NIL import duty in India vis a vis Oman/Arabian Gulf based imports. Savings of 50 US Cents per ton for Indian Steel Makers.
- Silica levels in Thailand and Vietnam limestone is just typically 0.2% to 0.3% (0.5% guaranteed) vis a vis Oman/Arabian Gulf based imports which has 0.5% Silica or more. This results in higher yield of lime
- Alumina levels in Thailand and Vietnam is just typically 0.1% (Guaranteed 0.2%) vis a vis Oman/Arabian Gulf based limestone which has 0.25% Alumina. Lower Alumina improves coke rate meaning less coke would be required in Steel making.
- In Thailand and Vietnam , typically, the loading is done at Anchorages and not ports and therefore no incidence of berthing delay, congestion at load port leading to increased pay out of demurrage by Steel makers vis a vis imports from Oman and Arabian Gulf where there is incidence of such charges.
- No history of disruption when importing from Vietnam and Thailand in stark contrast to imports from Oman/Arabian Gulf , for eg Somali Piracy problem.
- Exports of Dolomite from Thailand is covered under AIFTA (ASEAN Free Trade Agreement) and effectively therefore attracts NIL import duty in India vis a vis Oman/Arabian Gulf based imports. Savings of 50 US Cents per ton for Indian Steel Makers.
- Silica levels in Thailand dolomite is just typically 0.1% (0.5% guaranteed) vis a vis Oman/Arabian Gulf based imports which has 0.5% Silica or more. This results in higher yield of burnt dolomite.
- Alumina levels in Thailand is just typically 0.15% (Guaranteed 0.2%) vis a vis Oman/Arabian Gulf based limestone which has 0.25% Alumina. Lower Alumina improves coke rate meaning less coke would be required in Steel making.
- In Thailand , typically, the loading is done at Anchorages and not ports and therefore no incidence of berthing delay, congestion at load port leading to increased pay out of demurrage by Steel makers vis a vis imports from Oman and Arabian Gulf where there is incidence of such charges.
- No history of disruption when importing from Thailand in stark contrast to imports from Oman/Arabian Gulf , for eg Somali Piracy problem.
Technological Tie Ups
The group has corporate and working level tie ups with DMT for support in geological estimation, mine planning and allied activities.
- DMT Group have been associated in all mining projects of Singh Group for technical and planning assistance
- DMT Group with HQ in Essen, Germany is an international technology service provider and is wholly owned by TÜV NORD Group, Hanover, Germany with annual turnover of more than Euro 1.2 b
- DMT has over 150 years of active exploration & mining consulting experience, has worked in over 160 countries
- Around 650 employees work in offices in UK, Germany, Russia, India, Canada, South Africa and Indonesia
DMT’s area of expertise include
- Due Diligence & Valuations
- International Investor / Producer Support – CPR
- Risk assessment of projects / Strategic Development & Restructuring
- Exploration & Resource Modelling
- Geophysical studies (Gravity, magnetic, IP, Resistivity etc)
- Mine Planning and Feasibility Studies
- Project Management, Owner’s Engineer
- Environmental Impact Assessment & Management Systems
- Procurement, Project Implementation & Operational Assistance
- Mine Safety / Training / Research & Development